PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * AGM * Akzo Nobel * Applied Graphene Materials * Bluescope * CUI * EIS * ExcelPlas * Genable™ * Graphene * Graphene-Modified Epoxy (GME) * Jotatemp™ * Jotatherm™ * Jotun * INPEX * LNG * PCN * Protective Coatings * Rockwool * Sika AG * Sherwin Williams * Smart Coatings * Zinc Rich Epoxy * ZRE
Sherwin-Williams Acquires Sika AG’s Protective Coatings Business (Breaking News)
Applied Graphene Materials (AGM) Launches Range of Graphene Dispersions for the Protective Coatings Industry (Breaking News)
AGM’s Genable® series of graphene nanoplatelet dispersions proven to deliver significant performance uplifts such as chemical resistance, barrier and anti-corrosion properties
Jotun Publishes Info Poster for Jotatemp™, Jotachar™ and Jotatherm™ Coatings for Extreme Applications in LNG and Oil & Gas (Breaking News)
Bluescope Publishes Document on Risk of Corrosion to Steel
Independent Coating Consultancy with a Unique and Comprehensive Understanding of Protective Coatings in the Oil & Gas, LNG and Marine industries
Our experts have an in-depth knowledge of protective coatings – Experienced Consultants – Comprehensive Service – Worldwide Operation.
We have detailed understanding of protective coatings that has earned us a worldwide reputation as a one-stop shop for performance testing and failure analysis.
RockWool Document States Closed Cell Insulation Can Lead to CUI
Improvement of Adhesion and Anticorrosion Properties of Epoxy Coatings with PVC
Corrosion-Protective Performance of Magnetic CoFe2O4/Polyaniline Nanocomposite within Epoxy Coatings
Synergy of Superhydrophobic Coatings and Amino-functionalized Graphene/Epoxy Coatings
Designing Lanthanide-based Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs) Assembled Graphene-Oxide with Superior Active Anti-Corrosion Performance in Epoxy Composite
The Influence of Graphene on the Cathodic Protection Performance of Zinc-Rich Epoxy (ZRE) Coatings
The Corrosion Resistance of Graphene-Modified Epoxy Coatings
Robust Epoxy-Modified Superhydrophobic Coating for Aircraft Anti-Icing Systems
Characterization and Modelling the Multifunctional Properties of Epoxy/Graphene Oxide Nanocomposite Coatings
Enhancing Thermo-Mechanical Properties of Epoxy Coatings Using Fumed Silica with Different Surface Treatment
INPEX Sues Akzo Nobel for $2.5b Over Ongoing ‘Systemic Degradation’ to LNG Plant
Inpex is suing Akzo Nobel for damages it claims resulted from ‘systemic degradation’ to its Darwin LNG plant caused by a faulty epoxy phenolic coating designed to protect it from the elements.
COATINGS FAILURE ANALYSIS
ExcelPlas’s Coatings and Analytical Labs can resolve coating failures on paint chips using techniques such as: Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy(FTIR); scanning electron microscopy/energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy; light microscopy; electrochemical impedance spectroscopy(EIS); chromatography; thermal analysis and wet bench testing.
ExcelPlas performs a wide array of standard ASTM, SSPC and NACE test procedures such as:
- Paint and Coating Testing and Analysis,
- Field Investigations
- Technical Audit of Painting Process and Production Facilities
- Paint Analysis, Chip Analysis and Evaluation
- Accelerated Testing
- Physical and Chemical Paint Exposure Tests: ASTM D1308. ASTM D3359, ASTM D4541, ASTM D4060
- Salt Spray (ASTM B117) Testing, Cyclic Tests (ASTM G 85), QUV (ASTM G53), Humidity (ASTM D2247), Cyclic Salt Fog/UV (ASTM D5894)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) Analysis of Paints
- Visible Spectroscopy, Liquid Chromatography
- Scanning Electron Microscopy, EDS & XRD Analysis of Paints
- Physical Testing of Paints: Tensile and Flexural Testing ASTM D 638 & ASTM D790
- Characterization and Cross Section Microscopy of paint samples collected from the project site
- Failure Analysis Root Cause Determination
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating based failure investigations and problem solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receiving regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each PCN newsletter.