PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * A&I Coatings * Akzo Nobel * CUI * Dulux * Duremax® * ExcelPlas * Graphene-Modified Epoxy (GME) * Hempaguard® * Hempel * Interbond® * International Paints * LNG Plants * Marine Coatings * Norner * PCN * Protective Coatings * Smart Coatings * The Sixth Element
International Celebrates 140 Years As A Global Leader In Marine, Protective And Yacht Coatings
Hempel Playing the Long Game
Hempel’s Hempaguard X7 coating is proven to beneficially affect both the EEXI- as well as the CII-rating.
The EEXI-rating will improve by 2 per cent thanks to the superior smoothness of Hempaguard X7. This 2 per cent EEXI-improvement translates into a 6 per cent fuel reduction directly after the coating has been applied (using the rule of thumb of a 1:3 relationship between speed and power/fuel).
Limitations of Phenolic Epoxies Leads to Search for Alternatives Protective Coating for Major LNG Liquefaction Project in Southeast Asia
The Sixth Element Produces Commercial Graphene for Enhancing Protective Coatings
Norner Receives Approval to Test Marine Coating
ExcelPlas Labs Accredited for Testing of Protective Coatings for LNG and Oil & Gas
ExcelPlas has developed a leading position in third party test services for protective coatings and invested heavily in modern laboratory test facilities.
Detecting Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) on Stainless Steel in Hydrocarbon Processing Plants
Designing and Evaluating Corrosion Sensing Coatings for Marine Environments
Improved Corrosion Protection of Acrylic Coatings by Doping with Microencapsulated Corrosion Inhibitors
Assessing the Efficiency of Using Carbon Nanocomposite Materials for Corrosion Protection of Gas Pipelines
Anticorrosive Performances of Sulfonate‑Barium and Sulfonated Graphene Epoxy Coatings
Product Spotlight: Duremax® GFX – Superior Glass Fake Epoxy Coating
A&I Coatings Debuts Vitreflon® 795 XSR. Ceramic filled, Polyaspartic Modified Fluoropolymer Paint for Commercial and Architectural, Mining and Heavy Industry
Introduction of an Innovative Corrosion-Protective Alkyd Steel Coating Based on a Novel Layered Aluminium Tripolyphosphate Barrier Pigment
Robust, Hydrophobic Anti-Corrosion Coating Prepared by PDMS Modified Epoxy with Graphite Nanoplatelets/Nano-silica Hybrid Nanofillers
Webinar: Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) Inspection Tips (23 September 2021)
COATINGS FAILURE ANALYSIS
ExcelPlas’s Coatings and Analytical Labs can resolve coating failures on paint chips using techniques such as: Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy(FTIR); scanning electron microscopy/energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy; light microscopy; electrochemical impedance spectroscopy(EIS); chromatography; thermal analysis and wet bench testing.
ExcelPlas performs a wide array of standard ASTM, SSPC and NACE test procedures such as:
- Paint and Coating Testing and Analysis,
- Field Investigations
- Technical Audit of Painting Process and Production Facilities
- Paint Analysis, Chip Analysis and Evaluation
- Accelerated Testing
- Physical and Chemical Paint Exposure Tests: ASTM D1308. ASTM D3359, ASTM D4541, ASTM D4060
- Salt Spray (ASTM B117) Testing, Cyclic Tests (ASTM G 85), QUV (ASTM G53), Humidity (ASTM D2247), Cyclic Salt Fog/UV (ASTM D5894)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) Analysis of Paints
- Visible Spectroscopy, Liquid Chromatography
- Scanning Electron Microscopy, EDS & XRD Analysis of Paints
- Physical Testing of Paints: Tensile and Flexural Testing ASTM D 638 & ASTM D790
- Characterization and Cross Section Microscopy of paint samples collected from the project site
- Failure Analysis Root Cause Determination
How to Get Noticed by More Than 40,000 People in the Protective Coatings Space Across the Globe
PCN reaches over 40,000 people each month and this high level of audience engagement comes from years of creating content that matters to the protective coating’s industry.
We provide the industry’s most reliable and current information, and have the trust and attention of the leaders and decision makers.
Not only can we help you get in front of our highly engaged audience, but we also have a number of channels you can use to target your message – as well as the subject matter experts to put it all together.
Get More Protective Coatings News
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating based failure investigations and problem solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receiving regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each PCN newsletter.