PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Akzo Nobel * Apellix NDT * Carboline * Covestro * CUI * Drones * ExcelPlas * Failure Analysis * Greenman-Pedersen Inc * Hempel * Jotun * Imerys Talc * LNG * NACE * Nippon Paint * PCN * PPG * Protective Coatings * Qlayers * Sunoco * UPC
Nippon Paint Marine’s New Self-polishing Antifouling Paint Applied to 5 Bulk Carriers
Hempel Opens its New Campus and R&D Facility Just North of Copenhagen
Akzo Nobel Invests in New Coatings Application Technology from Qlayers
New Digital News Platform for Reaching the Entire Global Protective Coatings Industry in Real Time (Breaking News)
Indian Coating Manufacturer SK Formulations Develops High Performance Protective Coatings for Aggressive Conditions
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy of Major Talc Supplier Affects All Major Coatings Manufacturers (Declassified List)
Settlement Resolves Federal Government Claims Against Carboline and Sunoco for Ohio Paint Waste Cleanup, Court Says
Akzo Nobel Optimizing Project Specification with the UPC Approach – Reducing Complexity, Boosting Productivity
Evonik to Develop New Amine Curing Agent Technology: Ancamine™ for Ultra Low Emission Marine Coatings
Bright Future for Bio-based Protective Coatings
Self-Healing Epoxy Coating Based on Tung Oil-Containing Microcapsules for Corrosion Protection
Epoxy Nanocomposite Coatings with Enhanced Dual Active/Barrier Behaviour Containing Graphene-based Carbon Hollow Spheres as Corrosion Inhibitor Nanoreservoirs
Protective Coating Inspections by Drones
US Company Patents Drone for Painting and Related Applications
HOW DRONES ARE CHANGING CORROSION INSPECTIONS IN 2021 AND BEYOND
UPCOMING NACE CONFERENCE
Sneak Peek of Papers for Upcoming NACE Conference June 15-16, 2021, in Pasadena, Texas
• “Corrosion Mechanisms Under CUI and PFP,” presented by Kat Coronado, International Paint and Carl Reed, Consultant
• “How Does Peak Density and Surface Cleanliness Affect Adhesion on High Temp Coatings?,” presented by Pete Mitchell, GMA Garnet;
• “Preventing the Do-Over: Understanding the Elements That Produce A Quality PFP Project,” presented by David Hunter, Hempel
• “Supoxy: The Latest Innovation in Epoxy Technology,” presented by Justin Manuel, Carboline;
• “Performance Based PFP Design and Specification for Oil and Gas Facilities,” presented by y Onder Akinci, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
• “Inherent Challenges with Fireproofing Galvanized Steel,” presented by Russell Norris, Sherwin-Williams
• “Strategies for Mitigating CUI with Stone Wool,” presented by Abraham Sebastian, Rockwool;
• “Surface Preparation Risks for High Temperature Coatings,” presented by Ken Rossy, HoldTight Solutions;
• “Inspection CUI & CUF With Repairs,” presented by Arthur MacKinnon, Hempel Coatings;
• “Corrosion Under Fireproofing—Detection and Assessment with Pulsed Eddy Current Array (PECA),” presented by Lloyd Graham, Eddyfi
• “Piping Hot? A Hot Spread Epoxy Phenolic Coating for Hot Rusted Pipes and CUI Mitigation,” presented by Mike O’Donoghue, International Paint;
• “What Can the NACE TG516 Test Method Really Tell Us About Insulation?,” presented by Monica Chauviere, Super Insulation LLC
• “Accelerated Stress Testing Epoxy CUI Coatings,” presented by Dik Betzig, Thermal Coating Solutions
• “Cryogenic Exposure of Industrial Cementitious Fireproofing Followed by an Immediate or Delayed Jet Fire Test,” presented by Cabot Wilkinson, Carboline; and
• “Utilizing Automated Radiography for Cost-Effective Large Scale Corrosion Screening,” presented by John Musgrave, MISTRAS Group
Seeking Project Manager – Coatings Laboratory Testing at Greenman-Pedersen Inc in Grand Rapids, Michigan
MARKETING YOUR BRAND IN PCN
PCN Now Offering Digital Marketing Packages
• Easily create, manage and post your news to a targeted global audience.
• Generate webinar and podcast links so your attendees can quickly save the date.
• Get real-time insights on how your marketing campaigns are performing.
• Effortlessly reach practically all the players in the protective coating industry worldwide with one click.
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating based failure investigations and problem solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
• Epoxy Protective Coatings
• Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
• Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
• Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
• Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
• Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
• Three-layer PE (3LPE)
• Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
• Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
• Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
• Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
• Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
• Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
• Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
-Assess porosity and voids
-Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receiving regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each PCN newsletter.