PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Acotec * Akzo Nobel * Amerlock® * Coating Condition Survey * Chugoku Marine Paints * CUI * ExcelPlas Labs * Failure Analysis * FPSO * Humidur® * INPEX * Ichthys * LNG Plants * Marine Coatings * Nippon Paints * PCN * Petronas * PPG * Protective Coatings * Self-Healing Coatings * Smart Coatings * Tnemec Company
Inpex Seeks Over US$970 Million from South Korean Fab Yard in Ichthys FPSO Dispute for Defects & Delays
Humidur Epoxy Coating Chosen to Protect Petronas’ Assets
Acotec Launches Humidur WF22 for Wind Farm Industry
Call for Uniform Definition of ‘Solvent-Free’ Coatings
Chugoku Marine Paints : Financial Results for the First Quarter of the Fiscal Year Ending March 31, 2023
Nippon Paint Developing Non-Polluting Ship Coating
PPG Appoints Brad Budde Vice President and Chief Digital Officer
PPG Expands AMERLOCK Series of Epoxy Protective Coatings
Sherwin-Williams Shares Positive Earnings in Q2
New Product Announcement: Epoxy Coating
At the beginning of the month, protective coatings manufacturer Tnemec Company Inc. announced the release of its new phenalkamine epoxy lining. Series 21 Epoxoline is designed for use on potable water tanks, water pipes, pumps, valves and fittings, for protection on both concrete and steel substrates.
A Synergistic Anti-Corrosion System Based on Durable Superhydrophobic F-SiO2/Epoxy Coatings and Self-Powered Cathodic Protection
Effect of Water Uptake, Adhesion and Anti-Corrosion Performance for Silicone-Epoxy Coatings Treated with GLYMO Silane Adhesion Promoter
Robust Corrosion Guard, Mechanical and UV Aging Properties of Metal Complex/Epoxy Hybrid Composite Coating for Carbon-Steel Applications
Designing a Corrosion Resistance System Using Modified Graphene Oxide-Epoxy Microcapsules for Enhancing the Adhesion Strength of the Epoxy Coatings
Mechanical and Physical Assessment of Epoxy, Mineral, Solvent-Based, and Water-Soluble Coating Materials
Preparation and Characterization of Graphene Oxide/Polyaniline/Polydopamine Nanocomposites towards Long-Term Anticorrosive Performance of Epoxy Coatings
One-Pot Fabrication of an MXene-ZrP@PDA Heterojunction for Enhanced Corrosion/Wear Resistance of Epoxy Coatings
Smart PANI/epoxy Anti-Corrosive Coating for Protection of Carbon Steel in Sea Water
Clarifying the Chemical Reactions of the Weakening of Adhesion Between Epoxy Resin and Metal Substrate
Coating Inspection and Failure Analysis
Coating inspection and failure analysis from ExcelPlas – ensure your coating work is protecting your assets and prevent future coating failures.
Whether your assets include the management of construction sites, factories, laboratories, shipyards or power plants, you need to be certain that your coating work is protecting your facility. Coatings failures mean expensive repair costs and lengthy downtime. Our coating inspection and failure analysis helps ensure the continued protection of your facility.
Why use coating inspection and failure analysis from ExcelPlas?
To ensure that coating work is fully protecting your facility, we provide comprehensive inspection of coating work, concrete renovation, insulation and plastering. Plus, our failure analysis offers you careful investigation of the causes of any failures to help you prevent future occurrences.
Our coating inspection and failure analysis helps you to:
- Assess coatings on ferrous-steel, stainless steel, aluminum, concrete, brick or plastic for conformity, compatibility and performance
- Avoid expensive repair costs and downtime due to coating failures such as concrete decay, corrosion and loosening adhesive coats
- Determine the causes of coating failures and prevent similar occurrences in the future
A Leading Provider in Coating Inspection and Failure Analysis
As the world’s leading coating inspection and failure analysis provider, we are the first choice for a broad range of clients across all industries, all over the world. We offer you state-of-the-art technology, techniques and equipment along with highly qualified technicians to bring you unrivaled expertise in the assessment of coatings. Plus, we work closely with coating manufacturers, providing quality control inspections to increase the quality of coating work.
Our coating inspection and failure analysis services include:
- Damage assessment and expertise
- Determination of surface roughness
- Technical specifications
- General technical assistance
- Granulometric research
- Loss assessment and repair advice
- Periodic quality controls
- Periodic technical inspections
- Technical coating laboratory services
- Technical coating research
- Testing for conformity, compatibility and performance
- Testing of coat thickness, hardness, adhesion, gloss and color
- Training for coating supervisors
Contact us today to find out how our coating inspection and failure analysis can ensure your coating work is protecting your facility and prevent future failures.
Testing and Consulting in the Field of Heavy-duty Protective Coatings
Our clients include some of the world’s biggest Marine, Chemical, Oil and Gas, LNG and Insurance and Legal companies globally.
- Review of coating specifications and guarantees;
- Coating failure investigation and root cause analysis;
- Expert analysis on flake sampling and coating failure inspection;
- Identifying the key causes of coating breakdown via analytical testing
- Expert witness work
COATINGS FAILURE ANALYSIS
Failure Analysis and Investigation of Protective Coatings in Mining, Marine Offshore Oil & Gas Chemical Plants, Energy Infrastructure and Bridges (Ask the Experts)
Critical Questions for Protective Coatings for Asset Protection in Oil & Gas, LNG:
- Why is the coating not stopping corrosion?
- Why is the coating delaminating or blistering?
- Has the coating been correctly specified / applied?
- Does the coating meet the manufacturing standard, including properties such as correct hardness/cure, adhesion and thickness?
- What surface preparation and atmospheric conditions must be achieved to successfully apply the coating?
- Does the coating have any defects in it? How will these affect performance?
- Why did the coating fail? Root cause assessment.
- How can the coating be successfully repaired/remediated so that it doesn’t fail again?
ExcelPlas Labs can answer these questions
MARKETING YOUR BRAND
PCN – Communicate Your Message Instantly with the Entire Global Protective Coatings Community
PCN is ideal for monitoring competitor activity and providing market intelligence
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis, and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis, and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas, and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating-based failure investigations and problem-solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion-resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing, and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes, and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receive regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each PCN newsletter.