PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Akzo Nobel * Aramco * Avantguard® * CUI * ExcelPlas Labs* Failure Analysis * Graphene * Graphene Oxide * Hempel * Jafurah Gasfields * Jotun * International Paints * LNG Plants * PCN * PPG * Protective Coatings * Shawcor * Self-Healing Coatings (SHC) * Smart Coatings * Zinc-Rich Epoxies
Protective Coatings Bonanza – Aramco Awards $10Bill Contracts for Big Saudi Jafurah Gasfield
Stunning Time Lapse Video of 1000 hrs Salt Spray Testing of Hempel’s New Avantguard® Zinc-Rich Primers
Hempel Seeking Account Manager Sales for Protective and Marine Coatings in Australia
Just 8 Days to Hempel Webinar on New Activated Low Zinc Epoxy Primers
New Mobile-Friendly Digital News Platform for Time-Sensitive Messaging of Protective Coatings News
Commercial Credit Report for Paint Maker Hempel A/S
12 Key Steps on How to Conduct a Coating-related Corrosion Failure Analysis from World-Leading Coating Consultants
PPG Appoints Irene Tasi as Chief Growth Officer (CGO)
New Guide Warns Against Poor Choices of Protective Coatings
Cathodic Protection Performance of Zinc-Rich Epoxy Coatings
Integration of Antifouling Properties into Epoxy Coatings: a Review
Sustainable Flame Retardant Epoxy Nanocomposite Coatings Based Graphene Oxide and Montmorillonite
Fabrication of Bi-functionalized Nanocomposite Coating for Simultaneous Improved Thermal Stability and Corrosion Protection Performance Based on Polyaniline-Reduced Graphene Oxide (GO)/Organo-Modified Montmorillonite
Poly(m-phenylenediamine) Encapsulated Graphene for Enhancing Corrosion Protection Performance of Epoxy Coatings
Synthesis of pH-Sensitive Poly(melamine-formaldehyde) Microcapsules Containing 8-Hydroxyquinoline as a corrosion Inhibitor
Highly Stretchable Polyurethane Coatings Based on Functionalized Cerium Oxide Nanoparticles for Anti-Corrosive/UV Protection
Epoxy Coating with Excellent Anticorrosion and pH-Responsive Performances Based on DEAEMA Modified Mesoporous Silica Nanomaterials
Long-term Corrosion Protection of Styrene Acrylic Coatings (SAC) Enhanced by Fluorine and Nitrogen Co-doped Graphene Oxide
Novel Silk Fibroin-Graphene Oxide Hybrid for Reinforcing Corrosion Protection Performance of Waterborne Epoxy Coating
A Smart Healable Anticorrosion Coating with Enhanced Loading of Benzotriazole Enabled by Ultra-Highly Exfoliated Graphene and Mussel-Inspired Chemistry
With barrier properties three orders of magnitude higher than that of an epoxy coating!
Failure Analysis and Investigation of Protective Coatings in Mining, Marine Offshore Oil & Gas Chemical Plants, Energy Infrastructure and Bridges (Ask the Experts)
Critical Questions for Protective Coatings for Asset Protection in Oil & Gas, LNG:
- Why is the coating not stopping corrosion?
- Why is the coating delaminating or blistering?
- Has the coating been correctly specified / applied?
- Does the coating meet the manufacturing standard, including properties such as correct hardness/cure, adhesion and thickness?
- What surface preparation and atmospheric conditions must be achieved to successfully apply the coating?
- Does the coating have any defects in it? How will these affect performance?
- Why did the coating fail? Root cause assessment.
- How can the coating be successfully repaired/remediated so that it doesn’t fail again?
ExcelPlas Labs can answer these questions
MARKETING YOUR BRAND
PCN – Communicate Your Message Instantly With the Entire Global Protective Coatings Community
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating based failure investigations and problem solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receiving regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each PCN newsletter.