PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Acotec * AGM * Akzo Nobel * Applied Graphene Materials * Avantguard® * Cerium * CUI * Deakin University * ExcelPlas Labs* Failure Analysis * Hempel * Humidur® * International Paints * LNG Plants * Marine Coatings * Offshore * Petronas * PCN * Protective Coatings * SKPS * Self-Healing Coatings * UAE
Hempel Announces New Executive Group Management to Double Revenue by 2025
Belgian Anti-corrosion Coating Company Acotec Humidur® enters a New Distribution Partnership in the United Arab Emirates
Petronas Develop New PU Coating for a Self-Healing Coating Material for Offshore Top Side Structures Application
On or Offshore, this Patented Paint System Keeps Corrosion at Bay
Applied Graphene Materials (AGM) Launches its Own Range of Graphene-Based Anti-Corrosion Primers
Interaction of Interfacial Debonding and Under-Film Corrosion Propagation at the Edge of the Blistering Area of Epoxy Coating
Danish Researchers Develop a Tannin-based Inhibitive Pigment for a Sustainable Anti-corrosive Epoxy Coating Formulation
Saudi Researchers Show Enhancement of Barrier and Mechanical Performance of Steel Coated with Epoxy Filled with Micron and Nano Alumina Fillers
ExcelPlas is an Independent Coating Consultancy with a Unique and Comprehensive Understanding of Protective Coatings in the LNG, Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure and Marine Sectors
Graphene Loaded with Corrosion Inhibitor Cerium (Ⅲ) Cation for Enhancing Corrosion Resistance of Epoxy Coatings: Physical Barrier and Self-Healing
Advances and Future Outlook in Epoxy/Graphene Composites for Anticorrosive Applications
Requirements for Corrosion Inhibitor Release from Damaged Paint Primers for Stable Protection: An Experimental Approach using Cerium Loaded Carriers
Recent Progress on the Metal-Organic Frameworks Decorated Graphene Oxide (MOFs-GO) Nano-building Application for Epoxy Coating Mechanical-Thermal/Flame-Retardant and Anti-Corrosion Features Improvement
UV-triggered Self-healing Hybrid Microcapsules with both Enhanced UV-Shielding Ability and Improved Compatibility for Epoxy Resin Coating
Investigation of the Anticorrosion Properties of Graphene Oxide-Modified Epoxy Coatings for Aluminium
Failure Analysis and Investigation of Protective Coatings in Mining, Marine Offshore Oil & Gas Chemical Plants, Energy Infrastructure and Bridges (Ask the Experts)
Critical Questions for Protective Coatings for Asset Protection in Oil & Gas, LNG:
- Why is the coating not stopping corrosion?
- Why is the coating delaminating or blistering?
- Has the coating been correctly specified / applied?
- Does the coating meet the manufacturing standard, including properties such as correct hardness/cure, adhesion and thickness?
- What surface preparation and atmospheric conditions must be achieved to successfully apply the coating?
- Does the coating have any defects in it? How will these affect performance?
- Why did the coating fail? Root cause assessment.
- How can the coating be successfully repaired/remediated so that it doesn’t fail again?
ExcelPlas Labs can answer these questions
MARKETING YOUR BRAND
PCN– Communicate Your Message Instantly With the Entire Global Protective Coatings Community
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating based failure investigations and problem solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receiving regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each PCN newsletter.