PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * 3D Camera * Akzo Nobel * Apellix * Coatera 3D * Coating Condition Survey * CUI * ExcelPlas Labs * Failure Analysis * Hempel * Jotun * Multispectral Image Analysis * PCN * Protective Coatings * ReCorrTech * Rifnur Latipov * Self-Healing Coatings * Sherwin Williams * Smart Coatings * ZenARMOR™ * Zentek INDUSTRY NEWS
Hempel Chemists David Morton and Rifnur Latipov Nominated Finalists for Corrosion Innovation Award
Who is Rifnur Latipov ?
Zentek Introduces a Novel Corrosion Protection Technology: ZenARMOR™
New Tool for the Coating Inspector’s Toolkit for Corrosion Assessment such as Pitting Distribution and Pitting Depth
Coatera 3D is a cutting edge device for coatings and corrosion analysis. Harness the power of multi-spectral imaging in a simple finger click. The only coating’s analysis technology that can accurately measure crazing, cracking, blisters, cratering, peeling, orange peel, wrinkles and peeling of coatings in the field. Coatera 3D also maps and measures corrosion damage such as pitting, blisters, cavities and metal loss.
Aerial DFT Measurements by Drone
MP Corrosion Innovation Awards Announce Finalists for 2023
The global corrosion control and protective coatings community submitted a record total of more than 50 nominations for MP’s 2023 Corrosion Innovation of the Year Awards program. Of those nominations, 10 will ultimately be declared winners by a distinguished panel of industry experts.
“Graphene Paints: Genable Anticorrosion Primers”. Applied Graphene Materials UK Ltd.
“GEM Methodology for Assessment of Corrosion Flaws in Oil and Gas Pipelines” by Colin Scott Independent Pipeline Integrity Engineer
“Perforated Stand-off System for Moisture Removal and CUI Mitigation in Thermally Insulated Pipes”. By Graham Brigham, Ahmad Raza Khan Rana. Integrity Products & Supplies Inc.
“Robotic Proactive in Water Hull Cleaning” by Ben Kinnaman, Armach Robotics
“Superhydrophobic Coatings for Corrosion Control” by David Morton, Rifnur Latipov Hempel A/S
“ReCorr QCQ (Quantitative Coating Quality) Device” by Sanja Martinez, Ivana Šoić. ReCorrTech, University of Zagreb
The Role of Smart Marine Coatings in Meeting CII Requirements
Akzo Nobel NA Now Running on Renewable Energy
Quantitative Coating Quality Assessment on an Offshore Platform
Construction of Robust Slippery Lubricant-infused Epoxy-Nanocomposite Coatings for Marine Antifouling Applications
Fabrication of Hydrophobic and Enhanced Anticorrosion Performance of Epoxy Coating Through the Synergy of Functionalized Graphene Oxide and Nano-Silica Binary Fillers
Controllable Construction of Nanocomposite Reinforced Epoxy Coatings with Excellent Self-Repairing and Long-Lasting Anticorrosion Performances
Insights into Anhydride-Cured Epoxy Resin System Using Dynamic Chemo-Rheological Modelling
Antimicrobial Corrosion Study of Epoxy Coating with the Graphene Oxide Supported Schiff Base Quaternary Ammonium Salt Additives
Interpenetrating Network Structure Design and Corrosion Resistance of High-Performance Polyurethane Coating Modified by Epoxy Resin and Functionalized Graphene Oxide
Applications of Nanomaterials in Corrosion Protection Coatings and Inhibitors
Coating Inspection and Failure Analysis
Coating inspection and failure analysis from ExcelPlas – ensure your coating work is protecting your assets and prevent future coating failures.
Whether your assets include the management of construction sites, factories, laboratories, shipyards or power plants, you need to be certain that your coating work is protecting your facility. Coatings failures mean expensive repair costs and lengthy downtime. Our coating inspection and failure analysis helps ensure the continued protection of your facility.
Why use coating inspection and failure analysis from ExcelPlas?
To ensure that coating work is fully protecting your facility, we provide comprehensive inspection of coating work, concrete renovation, insulation and plastering. Plus, our failure analysis offers you careful investigation of the causes of any failures to help you prevent future occurrences.
Our coating inspection and failure analysis helps you to:
- Assess coatings on ferrous-steel, stainless steel, aluminium, concrete, brick or plastic for conformity, compatibility and performance
- Avoid expensive repair costs and downtime due to coating failures such as concrete decay, corrosion and loosening adhesive coats
- Determine the causes of coating failures and prevent similar occurrences in the future
A Leading Provider in Coating Inspection and Failure Analysis
As the world’s leading coating inspection and failure analysis provider, we are the first choice for a broad range of clients across all industries, all over the world. We offer you state-of-the-art technology, techniques and equipment along with highly qualified technicians to bring you unrivaled expertise in the assessment of coatings. Plus, we work closely with coating manufacturers, providing quality control inspections to increase the quality of coating work.
Our coating inspection and failure analysis services include:
- Damage assessment and expertise
- Determination of surface roughness
- Technical specifications
- General technical assistance
- Granulometric research
- Loss assessment and repair advice
- Periodic quality controls
- Periodic technical inspections
- Technical coating laboratory services
- Technical coating research
- Testing for conformity, compatibility and performance
- Testing of coat thickness, hardness, adhesion, gloss and color
- Training for coating supervisors
Contact us today to find out how our coating inspection and failure analysis can ensure your coating work is protecting your facility and prevent future failures.
Testing and Consulting in the Field of Heavy-duty Protective Coatings
Our clients include some of the world’s biggest Marine, Chemical, Oil and Gas, LNG and Insurance and Legal companies globally.
- Review of coating specifications and guarantees;
- Coating failure investigation and root cause analysis;
- Expert analysis on flake sampling and coating failure inspection;
- Identifying the key causes of coating breakdown via analytical testing
- Expert witness work
COATINGS FAILURE ANALYSIS
Failure Analysis and Investigation of Protective Coatings in Mining, Marine Offshore Oil & Gas Chemical Plants, Energy Infrastructure and Bridges (Ask the Experts)
Critical Questions for Protective Coatings for Asset Protection in Oil & Gas, LNG:
• Why is the coating not stopping corrosion?
• Why is the coating delaminating or blistering?
• Has the coating been correctly specified / applied?
• Does the coating meet the manufacturing standard, including properties such as correct hardness/cure, adhesion and thickness?
• What surface preparation and atmospheric conditions must be achieved to successfully apply the coating?
• Does the coating have any defects in it? How will these affect performance?
• Why did the coating fail? Root cause assessment.
• How can the coating be successfully repaired/remediated so that it doesn’t fail again?
ExcelPlas Labs can answer these questions
MARKETING YOUR BRAND
PCN – Communicate Your Message Instantly with the Entire Global Protective Coatings Community
PCN is ideal for monitoring competitor activity and providing market intelligence
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis, and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis, and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas, and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating-based failure investigations and problem-solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion-resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing, and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes, and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receive regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each PCN newsletter.