PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * APPLIED GRAPHENE MATERIALS * Akzo Nobel * CUI * Denso * ExcelPlas Labs * Failure Analysis * Graphene * Hempel * Jotun * Intertherm™ 228 * LNG Plants * Marine Coatings * PCN * Precision Laser Cleaning * Protective Coatings * MCU Coatings * Smart Coatings * Winn & Coales * Zerust®
Update on INPEX Court Action with JKC Over Darwin Ichthys LNG Plant
AzkoNobel’s Intertherm 228 coating allegedly caused degradation and discoloration to the Ichthys pipes after use.
Successful First Application of Graphene-Enhanced Harsh Corrosion Coatings on Environment Agency Assets
Zerust™ ZIF Tape for CUI Prevention for Oil & Gas Plants / Scab Repair / Flanges
No More Blasting – Using Lasers to Remove Corrosion Prior to Applying Protective Coatings
AkzoNobel Recognized as a European Top Employer
New Fusion Hybrid Antifoul Coating from Hempel
Hempel Announces New Executive Group Management Leading Simpler, Customer-Focused Organisation to Double Revenue by 2025
Colourized Petrolatum Tape by Denso Protects Underground Pipes and More
ExcelPlas the Leaders in Assessing Protective Coatings for Offshore Corrosion Protection
The Effect of Temperature and UV Irradiation on Corrosion Behaviour of 304 Stainless Steel Exposed to a Simulated Marine Atmosphere
Ceria Particles Synthesized Via Combustion Method to Inspire Active Protection for Epoxy Coatings on Mild Steel
Study of Graphene Epoxy/Nanoplatelets Thin Films Subjected to Aging in Corrosive Environments [PDF]
Structure, Morphology and Anti-Corrosion Performance of Polyaniline Modified Molybdenum Sulfide/Epoxy Composite Coating
Study of Anticorrosion Properties of Epoxy-Nano Alumina/Nano Chitosan Nanocomposite Coating
Improved Anticorrosive Property of Epoxy Coatings by Ultrasonic Blending with Small Amounts of Polyaniline
The Corrosion of Carbon Steel Under Delaminating Repair Coatings After Long-term Marine Splash Zone Exposure
Failure Analysis and Investigation of Protective Coatings in Mining, Marine Offshore Oil & Gas Chemical Plants, Energy Infrastructure and Bridges (Ask the Experts)
Critical Questions for Protective Coatings for Asset Protection in Oil & Gas, LNG:
- Why is the coating not stopping corrosion?
- Why is the coating delaminating or blistering?
- Has the coating been correctly specified / applied?
- Does the coating meet the manufacturing standard, including properties such as correct hardness/cure, adhesion and thickness?
- What surface preparation and atmospheric conditions must be achieved to successfully apply the coating?
- Does the coating have any defects in it? How will these affect performance?
- Why did the coating fail? Root cause assessment.
- How can the coating be successfully repaired/remediated so that it doesn’t fail again?
ExcelPlas Labs can answer these questions
MARKETING YOUR BRAND
PCN– Communicate Your Message Instantly With the Entire Global Protective Coatings Community
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating based failure investigations and problem solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receiving regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each PCN newsletter.