PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Akzo Nobel * Brookes Bell * CUI * ExcelPlas * Fotonik * Graphene Oxide * Helmut Fischer * Jotun * KTA* INPEX * Intertherm 228 * LNG * NDT * Oceaneering * PCN * PPG * Protective Coatings * Self-Healing Coatings (SHC) * Sigmashield™ * Wood
Inpex Sues Akzo Nobel for $2.5b Over Ongoing ‘Systemic Degradation’ to Gas Plant
Inpex is suing Akzo Nobel for damages it claims resulted from ‘systemic degradation’ to its Darwin LNG plant caused by a faulty epoxy phenolic coating designed to protect it from the elements.
Optimising Coating Thickness Measurement Performance
By Dr Martin Leibfritz, CEO of Helmut Fischer Global
Evaluating Material Loss of Steel Under Protective Coatings in Marine Environments
Non‐Destructive Subsurface Inspection of Marine and Protective Coatings Using Near‐ and Mid‐Infrared Optical Coherence Tomography [PDF]
What Lies Beneath Marine Coatings – Using NDT on Superyachts
Brookes Bell is a leading international marine coatings technical and surveying consultancy
PPG New Primer A Step Change for Repainting Cargo Ships
PPG Sigmashield 1200 primer is an abrasion-resistant, amine-cured phenolic epoxy single-coat system
Oceaneering Develops Protective Coating Removal Tool
Ultrahigh Anti-Corrosion Performance of a Protective Coating Filled with a Novel Micro Network Nanofiller
The Influence of the Healing Agent Characteristics on the Healing Performance of Epoxy Coatings: Assessment of the Repair Process by EIS Technique
Research on Superhydrophobicity, Corrosion and Adhesion Properties of Composite Epoxy-based Coating
Investigating the Effects of Graphene Oxide Nanohybrids on Corrosion Resistance of Epoxy Coatings
Graphene Oxide Nanosheets Decorated with Layered Double Hydroxide Nanosheets as Flame Retardant Epoxy Coatings for Steel
Self-Healing Epoxy Coatings 2-methyl imidazole and Acetylacetonate Complexes Microcapsules
Self-Healing Corrosion Protective Coatings Based on Micro/Nanocarriers
Stable, Superfast and Self-Healing Epoxy Coating with Active Corrosion Resistance
COATINGS FAILURE ANALYSIS
ExcelPlas’s Coatings and Analytical Labs can resolve coating failures on paint chips using techniques such as: Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy(FTIR); scanning electron microscopy/energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy; light microscopy; electrochemical impedance spectroscopy(EIS); chromatography; thermal analysis and wet bench testing.
ExcelPlas performs a wide array of standard ASTM, SSPC and NACE test procedures.
Our Paints and Coatings services include:
- Paint and Coating Testing and Analysis,
- Field Investigations
- Technical Audit of Painting Process and Production Facilities
- Paint Analysis, Chip Analysis and Evaluation
- Accelerated Testing
- Physical and Chemical Paint Exposure Tests: ASTM D1308. ASTM D3359, ASTM D4541, ASTM D4060
- Salt Spray (ASTM B117) Testing, Cyclic Tests (ASTM G 85), QUV (ASTM G53), Humidity (ASTM D2247), Cyclic Salt Fog/UV (ASTM D5894)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) Analysis of Paints
- Visible Spectroscopy, Chromatography
- Coatings and Cathodic Protection Studies
- Scanning Electron Microscopy, EDS & XRD Analysis of Paints
- Physical Testing of Paints: Tensile and Flexural Testing ASTM D 638 & ASTM D790
- Characterization and Cross Section Microscopy of paint samples collected from the project site
- Failure Analysis Root Cause Determination
Wood Seeking Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) / Asset Integrity Engineer with Extensive Experience in the Oil and Gas Petrochemical Industry
How to Get Noticed by More Than 40,000 People in the Protective Coatings Space Across the Globe
PCN reaches over 40,000 people each month and this high level of audience engagement comes from years of creating content that matters to the protective coating’s industry.
We provide the industry’s most reliable and current information, and have the trust and attention of the leaders and decision makers.
Not only can we help you get in front of our highly engaged audience, but we also have a number of channels you can use to target your message – as well as the subject matter experts to put it all together.
Get More Protective Coatings News
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating based failure investigations and problem solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receiving regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each PCN newsletter.