PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Akzo Nobel * Apellix * Coating Condition Survey * CUI * Deep Trekker * DENSO * ExcelPlas Labs * Failure Analysis * Graphene Oxide * Hempel * Jotun * Interzone™ 954 * LNG Plants * Marine Coatings * MIO * PCN * Petronas * Protective Coatings * Self-Healing Coatings * Sherwin Williams * Smart Coatings * VISCOTAQ™
AkzoNobel Coating Protects World’s Biggest Offshore Wind Farm
Interzone 954 has a blend of properties, including excellent barrier protection, exception abrasion resistance and high-film build
Downstream CUI: Natural Pigment Curbs CUI and UV Degradation of Epoxy and Epoxy-Phenolic Coatings in Harsh Environments
MIO Additives Effectively Mitigate Corrosion Under Insulation
Upcoming Event: Robotic Corrosion Management: What to Know Before Investing (22 June , 2022)
Cody Warner, Global Sales Director at Deep Trekker Inc. and Robert Dahlstrom, CEO and founder of Apellix
Denso’s VISCOTAQ™ Coating Systems Leading the Way in Corrosion Prevention
New Smart Coating for Steel Pipelines
Petronas Researchers Study Effect of Residual Solvent in Graphene Oxide (GO) Reinforced Epoxy Coating on the Curing Properties, Mechanical and Corrosive Behaviour
New Zealand Researchers Study High Loading Inhibitor Carriers with pH-Response for Active Corrosion Protection using Attapulgite in Epoxy Coatings
Coating Failure Experts
Coating failures can occur, and when they do ExcelPlas can assist you with investigations and analyses of:
- Internal tanks (e.g. chemical, product, crude oil, water ballast and potable water)
- LNG Plants
- Outer shell and antifouling paints
- Above water areas (decks and superstructure)
ExcelPlas is able to conduct full root cause analysis of coating failures
Enhanced Anticorrosion Performance of Epoxy Primer Coating on Zinc in 3.5% NaCl by Micro and Nano Particulates
Influences of Seawater Flows on the Degradation of Organic Coatings Applied on Offshore Wind Turbines
Eco-Friendly Silane as a Corrosion Inhibitor for Dual Self-Healing Anticorrosion Epoxy Coatings
Smart Anticorrosive and Antimicrobial Multifunctional Epoxy Coating Using Bergenin and Malabaricone C Bio-Nanocomposite Dispersoids on Mild Steel
Electrochemical Characterization of Polymeric Coatings for Corrosion Protection: A Review of Advances and Perspectives [PDF]
Excellent Anti-corrosion Performance of Graphene Oxide and Mn ions Double Modified Zn2SiO4 Based Composite Epoxy Coating
Testing and Consulting in the Field of Heavy-duty Protective Coatings
Our clients include some of the world’s biggest Marine, Chemical, Oil and Gas, LNG and Insurance and Legal companies globally.
- Review of coating specifications and guarantees;
- Coating failure investigation and root cause analysis;
- Expert analysis on flake sampling and coating failure inspection;
- Identifying the key causes of coating breakdown via analytical testing
- Expert witness work
COATINGS FAILURE ANALYSIS
Failure Analysis and Investigation of Protective Coatings in Mining, Marine Offshore Oil & Gas Chemical Plants, Energy Infrastructure and Bridges (Ask the Experts)
Critical Questions for Protective Coatings for Asset Protection in Oil & Gas, LNG:
- Why is the coating not stopping corrosion?
- Why is the coating delaminating or blistering?
- Has the coating been correctly specified / applied?
- Does the coating meet the manufacturing standard, including properties such as correct hardness/cure, adhesion and thickness?
- What surface preparation and atmospheric conditions must be achieved to successfully apply the coating?
- Does the coating have any defects in it? How will these affect performance?
- Why did the coating fail? Root cause assessment.
- How can the coating be successfully repaired/remediated so that it doesn’t fail again?
ExcelPlas Labs can answer these questions
MARKETING YOUR BRAND
PCN – Communicate Your Message Instantly with the Entire Global Protective Coatings Community
PCN is ideal for monitoring competitor activity and providing market intelligence
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis, and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis, and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas, and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating-based failure investigations and problem-solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion-resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing, and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes, and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receive regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each PCN newsletter.