PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Akzo Nobel * Bio Epoxy Coatings * Coating Condition Survey * CUI * ExcelPlas Labs * Failure Analysis * Graphene * Hempadur® * Hempel * Hullcare™ * International Paints * Jotun * Lars Petersson * LNG Plants * Marine Coatings * MXene Barrier Pigments * PCN * PPG * Protective Coatings * Russia * Smart Coatings * Ukraine Conflict
Akzo Nobel Expects its Russian Coatings Plants to Go Out of Business
A Protective Layer: Lars Petersson
Exclusive Interview with Group President and CEO of Hempel
“Deeply Concerning” – Paint Accounts for the Majority of Ocean Microplastics
The Big 5 coating companies (Akzo Nobel, Hempel, Jotun, PPG & Chugoku) must act now
Bio Epoxy Coatings: An Emergent Green Anticorrosive Coating for Future
AkzoNobel Appoints Global HullCare Manager – Coatings World
ExcelPlas is an Independent Coating Consultancy with a Unique and Comprehensive Understanding of Protective Coatings in the LNG, Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure and Marine Sectors
Siloxane Coating with Epoxy Modification: Optimization of Adhesion to Improve Steel Corrosion Protection
Corrosion Protection of Carbon Steel Using a Combination of Zr Conversion Coating and Subsequent Zinc-Rich Silicate Coating with a Flake Zn-Al Alloy
Recent Advances in MXene/Epoxy Composite Coatings: Trends and Prospects
Evaluation of Anticorrosion Coatings for Offshore Wind Turbine Monopiles for an Optimized and Time-Efficient Coating Application
Comparative Study of Corrosion Resistance of Epoxy-Based Coating Incorporating Chitosan and Silica on Mild Steel
Synthesis and Characterization of Epoxy-Rich TMOs Deposited on Stainless Steel for Corrosion Applications
Synthesis of Self-Healing Inhibitor Releasing Nanocapsules Blended Phenol Novolac Resin for High Performance Anticorrosion Coatings
Amino-silane Co-functionalized Hexagonal Boron Nitride Nanofibers with Anti-Corrosive Function for Epoxy Coatings
Seeking Pipeline Corrosion Engineer Job in Paris
COATINGS FAILURE ANALYSIS
Failure Analysis and Investigation of Protective Coatings in Mining, Marine Offshore Oil & Gas Chemical Plants, Energy Infrastructure and Bridges (Ask the Experts)
Critical Questions for Protective Coatings for Asset Protection in Oil & Gas, LNG:
- Why is the coating not stopping corrosion?
- Why is the coating delaminating or blistering?
- Has the coating been correctly specified / applied?
- Does the coating meet the manufacturing standard, including properties such as correct hardness/cure, adhesion and thickness?
- What surface preparation and atmospheric conditions must be achieved to successfully apply the coating?
- Does the coating have any defects in it? How will these affect performance?
- Why did the coating fail? Root cause assessment.
- How can the coating be successfully repaired/remediated so that it doesn’t fail again?
ExcelPlas Labs can answer these questions
MARKETING YOUR BRAND
PCN – Communicate Your Message Instantly with the Entire Global Protective Coatings Community
PCN is ideal for monitoring competitor activity and providing market intelligence
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating based failure investigations and problem solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receiving regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each PCN newsletter.