PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Akzo Nobel * Belzona * Coating Condition Survey * CUI * ExcelPlas Labs * Failure Analysis * Hempel * INPEX * Interplan * International Paints * Intertherm 228 * Jotun * PCN * PPG * Protective Coatings * Self-Healing Coatings * Sherwin Williams * Smart Coatings * Vivek Rohatgi
Protective Coating Industry Grapples with High Costs Despite Sales Growth (Special Feature)
Sherwin Pays $1M in Alleged DBE Scam
INPEX Back in Court Over Ichthys Plant Coating Faults
Operator of the massive Ichthys LNG project in the Northern Territory is back in Supreme Court seeking an insurance payout over alleged faulty equipment at its onshore processing plant in Darwin
The Digital Age of Coatings Maintenance
‘Snatched from the Fire’ by Mike O’Donoghue, Vijay Datta and Robin Wade (Akzo Scientists)
Hempel Joins IMO Public-Private Partnership to Help Prevent Biofouling on Ships’ Hulls
Hempel Seeking Scientist for Sustainable Coatings Development
The Edison Principal – More Science than Guesswork for Corrosion Defect Detection
Special Issue “Advanced Anticorrosion Coatings and Coating Testing”
Specialized Polymer Testing Laboratory Solving Coating Problems
ExcelPlas is an independent materials analysis laboratory established in 1993 offering materials testing and characterization, failure analysis, quality control, materials verification, materials problem-solving on coatings and polymer systems.
R&D Grants for Paint and Coating Companies in Australia Closing in One Month
The Hydropower Industry and Epoxy Coatings
Fluorescent Corrosion Protection Coating Repairs Itself
Native Diffusion of Fluorogenic Turn-On Dyes Accurately Report Interfacial Chemical Reaction and Corrosion Locations in Protective Coatings
Improving Corrosion Resistance of Epoxy Coatings by Optimizing the Stress Distribution and Dispersion of SiO2 Filler
Synergistic Effect of Graphene Oxide and an Electroactive Monomer to Significantly Replace the Loading of Zinc Dust in Solvent-Based Epoxy Composites Applied for Heavy-Duty Anticorrosion Coatings
Basalt fibre as a Skeleton to Enhance the Multi-Conditional Tribological Properties of Epoxy Coatings
Effect of Methyl Methacrylate/Nitrile Rubber/Graphene Oxide on the Anticorrosion and Mechanical Properties of Epoxy-Based Coatings
Effects of Different Coatings, Primers, and Additives on Corrosion of Steel Rebars [pdf]
COATINGS FAILURE ANALYSIS
Failure Analysis and Investigation of Protective Coatings in Mining, Marine Offshore Oil & Gas Chemical Plants, Energy Infrastructure and Bridges (Ask the Experts)
Critical Questions for Protective Coatings for Asset Protection in Oil & Gas, LNG:
- Why is the coating not stopping corrosion?
- Why is the coating delaminating or blistering?
- Has the coating been correctly specified / applied?
- Does the coating meet the manufacturing standard, including properties such as correct hardness/cure, adhesion and thickness?
- What surface preparation and atmospheric conditions must be achieved to successfully apply the coating?
- Does the coating have any defects in it? How will these affect performance?
- Why did the coating fail? Root cause assessment.
- How can the coating be successfully repaired/remediated so that it doesn’t fail again?
ExcelPlas Labs can answer these questions and more…
MARKETING YOUR BRAND
PCN – Communicate Your Message Instantly with the Entire Global Protective Coatings Community
PCN is ideal for monitoring competitor activity and providing market intelligence
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis, and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis, and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas, and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating-based failure investigations and problem-solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion-resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing, and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes, and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receive regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each PCN newsletter.