PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Akzo Nobel * CCE * CUI * Elcometer * ExcelPlas * Ichthys Onshore * JKC * Jotun * International Paints * Intertherm 228 * LNG Plants * PCN * PPG * Protective Coatings * Self-Healing Coatings (SHC) * Sherwin Williams * Smart Coatings
Court Makes Order on Documents in Relation to the Use of Intertherm 228 Coating on the Ichthys Onshore Project (JKC Australia LNG Pty Ltd v AkzoNobel NV)
CEO of Paint-Maker PPG Says Predicting Sales is a Challenge Because of Supply Chain Woes
Sherwin-Williams Company Reports 2021 Third Quarter Financial Results
- Consolidated net sales increased 0.5% in the quarter to $5.15 billion
- Net sales from stores in U.S. and Canada open more than twelve calendar months decreased 2.8% in the quarter
- Raw material availability issues negatively impacted quarter sales by an estimated high single-digit percentage
Elcometer Releases “Kit #5” of All the Protective Coating Inspection Tools You Need in a Single Kit
PPG Unveils Complete Coating Solutions Portfolio for Wastewater Operations
Jotun Seeking Summer Interns for Jotun Performance Coatings R&D
Sherwin-Williams Coating to Protect Milan Landmark
CCE Expands its Pipeline Corrosion Management Offering
Dr. Clayton Thomas Video Webinar on Introduction to Corrosion in Oil and Gas Applications
New Epoxy-Nano Metal Oxide-Based Coatings for Enhanced Corrosion Protection
A Novel Fly Ash Bifunctional Filler for Epoxy Coatings with Long-term Anti-Corrosion Performance Under Harsh Conditions
Cerium Containing pH-responsive Microcapsule for Smart Coating Applications: Characterization and Corrosion Study
Multilevel Self-Healing Characteristics of Smart Polymeric Composite Coatings
Carbon-Based Nanoparticle-Filled Protective Coatings for Enhanced Damage Tolerance and Corrosion Resistance of Structural Weldment
Fabrication of a Highly Hard Yet Tough Epoxy Nanocomposite Coating by Incorporating Graphene Oxide Nanosheets Dually Modified with Amino Silane Coupling Agent and Hyperbranched Polyester-Amide
Epoxy Coatings as Effective Anti-Corrosive Polymeric Material for Aluminium Alloys: Formulation, Electrochemical and Computational Approaches
The Role of Anticorrosive Polymer Coatings for the Protection of Metallic Surfaces
Design of Nanostructured Protective Coatings with an Optical Sensing Function
External Corrosion Behaviour of Steel/GFRP Composite Pipes in Harsh Conditions
The Benefits of Low Thermal Conductivity CUI Coatings
Smart Coatings for Corrosion Protection
Web seminar on Anti-corrosion Coatings
Effect of the Viscosity and the Contact Angle on the Pull-Off Strength of Epoxy Resin Modified with Waste Granite Powders
ExcelPlas Labs are an Independent Coating Consultancy with a Unique and Comprehensive Understanding of Protective Coatings
ExcelPlas Labs operate in the LNG, marine, infrastructure, and chemical sectors, providing professional technical and analytical services on protective coatings to its global customer base. The ExcelPlas Labs team comprises highly qualified and experienced individuals with backgrounds in chemistry, materials science, and engineering. Services We Offer · Coating Process Optimisation · Coating Project Management · Coating Specification & Product Selection · Coating Lifetime Assessment · Coating Durability Testing · Expert Witnessing · Paint Failure Investigation · Onshore & Offshore Coating Inspections · Customers We Serve: · Asset Owners · Construction / Fabrication Companies · Gas Processing Projects · Insurance Companies · Law Firms · Manufacturers & OEM · Module Fabrication Yards · Oil & Gas Companies · Paint Companies · Refining · Ship Yards · Ship Managers
Protect Your Assets with ExcelPlas Services for the Testing and Approval of Protective Coatings
ExcelPlas offers a host of laboratory services and support regarding the conformity of coatings to International Standards. These include:
- The Certification of Coatings and Coating Systems
- Pre-qualification Testing of Coatings in Our Own ISO Accredited Testing Laboratory
- Technical and Statutory Support for Achieving Compliance
- Analytical Support and Durability Testing for New Coatings
COATINGS FAILURE ANALYSIS
ExcelPlas’s Coatings and Analytical Labs can resolve coating failures on paint chips using techniques such as: Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy(FTIR); scanning electron microscopy/energy-dispersive x-ray spectroscopy; light microscopy; electrochemical impedance spectroscopy(EIS); chromatography; thermal analysis and wet bench testing.
ExcelPlas performs a wide array of standard ASTM, SSPC, and NACE test procedures such as:
- Paint and Coating Testing and Analysis,
- Field Investigations
- Technical Audit of Painting Process and Production Facilities
- Paint Analysis, Chip Analysis and Evaluation
- Accelerated Testing
- Physical and Chemical Paint Exposure Tests: ASTM D1308. ASTM D3359, ASTM D4541, ASTM D4060
- Salt Spray (ASTM B117) Testing, Cyclic Tests (ASTM G 85), QUV (ASTM G53), Humidity (ASTM D2247), Cyclic Salt Fog/UV (ASTM D5894)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) Analysis of Paints
- Visible Spectroscopy, Liquid Chromatography
- Scanning Electron Microscopy, EDS & XRD Analysis of Paints
- Physical Testing of Paints: Tensile and Flexural Testing ASTM D 638 & ASTM D790
- Characterization and Cross Section Microscopy of paint samples collected from the project site
- Failure Analysis Root Cause Determination
How to Get Noticed by More Than 40,000 People in the Protective Coatings Space Across the Globe
PCN Reaches over 40,000 people each month and this high level of audience engagement comes from years of creating content that matters to the protective coating’s industry.
We provide the industry’s most reliable and current information and have the trust and attention of the leaders and decision-makers.
Not only can we help you get in front of our highly engaged audience, but we also have a number of channels you can use to target your message – as well as the subject matter experts to put it all together.
Get More Protective Coatings News
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis, and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis, and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas, and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating-based failure investigations and problem-solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes, and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receive regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each PCN newsletter.