PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Akzo Nobel * Bechtel * Chugoku Marine Paints * CMP * Covallox® Technology * CUI * ExcelPlas * Hempel * Jotacote™ Universal S120 * Jotun * International Paints * LNG Plants * PCN * Protective Coatings * Reduced Graphene Oxide * Salt Fog Testing * Salt Spray Testing * Self-Healing Coatings (SHC) * Sherwin Williams * Smart Coatings * Tnemec
Jotun Free Webinar on Hidden Dangers of CUI – Corrosion Under Insulation (7th December 2021)
Chugoku Marine Paints (CMP) Unlock the Secret to Protecting Ships on High Fouling Risk Routes
AkzoNobel Recognized as a Sustainability Leader
ExcelPlas Coating Labs Expands its Salt Fog Testing Capabilities
Houston Construction Company Owner Calls Our Sherwin Williams for Supply Chain Surcharge
Jotacote Universal S120 Epoxy Coating Releases to the U.S. Market
Where Do You Find an Epoxy Coating with 20-30 Years Corrosion Resistance – Ask Jotun
The Challenges of Material and Coating Selection for the LNG Industry
Five Things to Consider Before You Overcoat – Is Your Aged Coating Suitable to Overcoat?
Corrosion Performance and Rust Conversion Mechanism of Graphene Modified Epoxy Surface-Tolerant Coating
2D Reduced-Graphene Oxide (rGO) Nanosheets for Efficient Epoxy Nano-Composite Anti-Corrosion Properties
Research Progress of Microcapsule Self-Healing Anticorrosive Coatings
Smart Nanocontainers for Epoxy Coatings to Inhibit Corrosion
Self-Healing Polyurethane-based Composite Coating with High Strength and Anti-Corrosion Properties for Metal Protection
Use of Lithium Soap as an Additive to Enhance the UV Resistance of Epoxy Coatings
Effect of Seawater on Failure Behaviour of Glass Flake Epoxy Coating
Silicon Oxide Encapsulated ZIF-8 Loaded on Reduced Graphene Oxide (rGO) to Improve Flame Retardancy of Epoxy Coatings
Synergistic Effect of Carbon Nanotubes Bonded Graphene Oxide to Enhance the Flame Retardant Performance of Intumescent Epoxy Coatings
Fabrication of Graphene Oxide Nanocomposites Using a Green Approach to Induce Active Barrier Protection in Epoxy Coatings
Fire Resistance of Steel Structures with Epoxy Coating Fire Protection under Cryogenic Exposure
Novel Modified Expanded Graphite/Epoxy 3D Coating with Ultrahigh Thermal Conductivity
Failure Analysis and Investigation of Protective Coatings in Mining, Marine Offshore Oil & Gas Chemical Plants, Energy Infrastructure and Bridges (Ask the Experts)
Critical Questions for Protective Coatings for Asset Protection in Oil & Gas, LNG:
- Why is the coating not stopping corrosion?
- Why is the coating delaminating or blistering?
- Has the coating been correctly specified / applied?
- Does the coating meet the manufacturing standard, including properties such as correct hardness/cure, adhesion and thickness?
- What surface preparation and atmospheric conditions must be achieved to successfully apply the coating?
- Does the coating have any defects in it? How will these affect performance?
- Why did the coating fail? Root cause assessment.
- How can the coating be successfully repaired/remediated so that it doesn’t fail again?
ExcelPlas Labs can answer these questions
MARKETING YOUR BRAND
PCN – Communicate Your Message Instantly With the Entire Global Protective Coatings Community
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating based failure investigations and problem solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receiving regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each PCN newsletter.