PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Akzo Nobel * Bechtel * Chugoku Marine Paints * CMP * ExcelPlas * FASTAR® * Graphene Oxide-Modified Epoxy (GOME) * Jotun * International Paints * LNG Plants * Nippon Paint Marine Coatings * PCN * PPG * Protective Coatings * Qatar Petroleum * SGS * Sherwin Williams
CMP Demonstrates Long-Term Vision with the Latest Premium Antifouling Coating Technologies (Press Release)
Akzo Nobel Investigates the Adsorption of Epoxy Oligomers of Epoxy-Based Coatings on Iron Oxide Surfaces: The Importance of Surface Treatment and the Role of Entropy
More PCCs Are Opting for Nippon Paint’s New Fastar® Antifouling Coatings
ExcelPlas Labs are an Independent Coating Consultancy with a Unique and Comprehensive Understanding of Protective Coatings
ExcelPlas Labs operate in the LNG, marine, infrastructure, and chemical sectors, providing professional technical and analytical services on protective coatings to its global customer base. The ExcelPlas Labs team comprises highly qualified and experienced individuals with backgrounds in chemistry, materials science, and engineering. Services We Offer: · Coating Process Optimisation · Coating Project Management · Coating Specification & Product Selection · Coating Lifetime Assessment · Coating Durability Testing · Expert Witnessing · Paint Failure Investigation · Onshore & Offshore Coating Inspections · Customers We Serve: · Asset Owners · Construction / Fabrication Companies · Gas Processing Projects · Insurance Companies · Law Firms · Manufacturers & OEM · Module Fabrication Yards · Oil & Gas Companies · Paint Companies · Refining · Ship Yards · Ship Managers
Sherwin Williams and PPG Locked in Legal Battle
Nippon Paint Marine Gives an Eco-Friendly Impact by Newly Advanced Antifouling Paint “FASTAR®”
U-Ming Takes Onboard Jotun’s Hull Skating Solutions for Bulker Newbuild
Protect Your Assets with ExcelPlas Services for the Testing and Approval of Protective Coatings
ExcelPlas offers a host of laboratory services and support regarding the conformity of coatings to International Standards. These include:
- The Certification of Coatings and Coating Systems
- Pre-qualification Testing of Coatings in Our Own ISO Accredited Testing Laboratory
- Technical and Statutory Support for Achieving Compliance
- Analytical Support and Durability Testing for New Coatings
Design on the Corrosion Protection of Eco-friendly and Multifunctional Silsesquioxane Functionalized Graphene Oxide Reinforced Polyurethane Coatings
Self-Healing Epoxy Coatings with Microencapsulated Ionic PDMS Oligomers for Corrosion Protection
Nano‐SiO2 and Silane Coupling Agent Co‐Decorated Graphene Oxides with Enhanced Anti‐Corrosion Performance of Epoxy Composite Coatings
Self-Healing Performance of New Polyurethane Coating
Chia Oil Performance as a Healing Agent for Epoxy Resin-Based Smart Coatings
Bechtel Corporation Seeking Senior Coating Specialist
Seeking Materials Engineer to establish coating requirements for equipment and piping in LNG plants, petroleum refineries, and petrochemical plants
SGS Hiring Coating Inspectors for Oil/Gas Projects in Canada
Qatar Petroleum Hiring Coating Inspector
Failure Analysis and Investigation of Protective Coatings in Mining, Marine Offshore Oil & Gas Chemical Plants, Energy Infrastructure and Bridges (Ask the Experts)
Critical Questions for Protective Coatings for Asset Protection in Oil & Gas, LNG:
- Why is the coating not stopping corrosion?
- Why is the coating delaminating or blistering?
- Has the coating been correctly specified / applied?
- Does the coating meet the manufacturing standard, including properties such as correct hardness/cure, adhesion and thickness?
- What surface preparation and atmospheric conditions must be achieved to successfully apply the coating?
- Does the coating have any defects in it? How will these affect performance?
- Why did the coating fail? Root cause assessment.
- How can the coating be successfully repaired/remediated so that it doesn’t fail again?
ExcelPlas Labs can answer these questions
MARKETING YOUR BRAND
PCN – Communicate Your Message Instantly With the Entire Global Protective Coatings Community
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating based failure investigations and problem solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receiving regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each PCN newsletter.