PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine, and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Akzo Nobel * Axalta * Belzona * Carboline * CUI * Dulux * ExcelPlas * Fake Graphene * Glass-Flake Epoxy * Graphene-Modified Epoxy (GME) * LNG * PCN * Protective Coatings * Smart Coatings
Axalta Announces Major Board Changes as Director Bill Cook Assumes Chair Role, Mark Garrett Steps Down (Breaking News)
Carboline to Expand Canadian Presence via Strategic Growth Plan for Coatings Business (Breaking News)
Dulux Develop Advanced Epoxy Coating for Combating Corrosion
DUREBILD® STE GF Surface Tolerant Glass Flake Reinforced Epoxy Coating
Using Analytical Testing to Test for ‘Fake Graphene’ in the Coating Industry
Class Action Blames Allegedly Premature Corrosion on Possibly ‘Defective’ Paint (Breaking News)
Laboratory and Field Evaluation of Pipeline FBE Chalking
Got a Premature Coatings Failure Problem?
Experts in Premature Coating Failure and Coating Quality Assessment
ExcelPlas provides specialist protective coatings consultancy support across the full range of LNG, oil & gas, marine, power and infrastructure sectors.
Consultants and coating inspection professionals provide consulting, non-destructive testing and failure analysis related to protective coatings.
Belzona Premier Video on the People Behind the Brand of Protective Coatings
Akzo Nobel Seeking Sales Manager for Marine and Protective Coatings
Surface Corrosion Consultants Introduces Drone Inspection Service
Carboline – “Why Environmental Conditions Matter During Protective Coating Application”
Synthesis of Graphene Oxide Functionalized by Polyaniline Coated Zirconium Phosphate to Enhance Corrosion Resistance of Epoxy Coating
Amino-Functionalized MXene Nanosheets Doped with Ce(III) as Potent Nanocontainers toward Self-Healing Epoxy Nanocomposite Coating for Corrosion Protection of Mild Steel [PDF]
Effect of Urea–Formaldehyde Nanoparticles on the Barrier Property and Delamination Resistance of an Epoxy Coating
Interfacial Assembled Mesoporous Polydopamine Nanoparticles Reduced Graphene Oxide for High Performance of Epoxy-based Anticorrosive Coatings
Effectiveness of Epoxy Coating Modified with Yttrium Oxide Loaded with Imidazole on the Corrosion Protection of Steel [PDF]
Preparation and Anticorrosion Properties of GO-Ce-MOF Nanocomposite Epoxy coatings
Self-Healing Polyurethane-Based Composite Coating with High Strength and Anti-Corrosion Properties for Metal Protection
Improving the Intrinsic Thermal Conductivity of Epoxy Resin by Synergistic Effect between Rigid Groups and Hydrogen Bonds
The Interfacial Structure and Adhesion Mechanism of Silane and Epoxy Modified Silicone Tie-Coating to Epoxy Primer
New Pigment Dispersions Solve Incompatibility and Inconsistency Problems in Solvent-Based Protective Coatings
Study on a Multifactor Coupling Accelerated Test Method for Anticorrosive Coatings in Marine Atmospheric Environments
INPEX Sues Akzo Nobel for $2.5b Over Ongoing ‘Systemic Degradation’ to LNG Plant
Inpex is suing Akzo Nobel for damages it claims resulted from ‘systemic degradation’ to its Darwin LNG plant caused by a faulty epoxy phenolic coating designed to protect it from the elements.
COATINGS FAILURE ANALYSIS
ExcelPlas’s Coatings and Analytical Labs can resolve coating failures on paint chips using techniques such as: Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy(FTIR); scanning electron microscopy/energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy; light microscopy; electrochemical impedance spectroscopy(EIS); chromatography; thermal analysis and wet bench testing.
ExcelPlas performs a wide array of standard ASTM, SSPC and NACE test procedures such as:
- Paint and Coating Testing and Analysis,
- Field Investigations
- Technical Audit of Painting Process and Production Facilities
- Paint Analysis, Chip Analysis and Evaluation
- Accelerated Testing
- Physical and Chemical Paint Exposure Tests: ASTM D1308. ASTM D3359, ASTM D4541, ASTM D4060
- Salt Spray (ASTM B117) Testing, Cyclic Tests (ASTM G 85), QUV (ASTM G53), Humidity (ASTM D2247), Cyclic Salt Fog/UV (ASTM D5894)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) Analysis of Paints
- Visible Spectroscopy, Liquid Chromatography
- Scanning Electron Microscopy, EDS & XRD Analysis of Paints
- Physical Testing of Paints: Tensile and Flexural Testing ASTM D 638 & ASTM D790
- Characterization and Cross Section Microscopy of paint samples collected from the project site
- Failure Analysis Root Cause Determination
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating based failure investigations and problem solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receiving regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each PCN newsletter.