PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Akzo Nobel * Coating Condition Survey * CUI * ExcelPlas Labs * Failure Analysis * Graphene Oxide * Hempaprime™ * Hempel * Interzone 945GF * Jotun * LNG Plants * Marine Coatings * PCN * PPG * Protective Coatings * Self-Healing Coatings * Smart Coatings
Hempel Launches New Fast-Drying CUI Coating
VIDEO: Hempel Launches New Fast-Drying CUI coating – Hempaprime™ CUI 275
Breaking News – Hempel Launches New Fast-Drying CUI Coating
New CEO at AkzoNobel
Independent Coating Consultancy with a Unique and Comprehensive Understanding of Protective Coatings in the LNG, Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure and Marine Sectors
AkzoNobel Launches International Interzone 945GF
Protection of Splash Zone Areas (SZA) of Offshore Facilities with Ultra-High Solids Glass Flake Epoxies (GFE)
Electrochemical Characterization of Polymeric Coatings for Corrosion Protection: A Review of Advances and Perspectives
Coating Problems? – Ask the Coating Failure Experts
Coating failures can occur, and when they do ExcelPlas can assist you with investigations and analyses of:
- Internal tanks (e.g. chemical, product, crude oil, water ballast and potable water)
- LNG Plants
- Outer shell and antifouling paints
- Above water areas (decks and superstructure)
ExcelPlas is able to conduct full root cause analysis of coating failures
Improvement of Anti-corrosion Performance of an Epoxy Coating using Hybrid UiO-66-NH 2/Carbon Nanotubes Nanocomposite
Difunctional Silicon Dioxide Combined with Graphene Oxide Nanocomposite to Enhance the Anticorrosion Performance of Epoxy Coatings
Novel Multilayer Structural Epoxy Composite Coating Containing Graphene Oxide and Silanized Chromium Carbide for the Protection of Steel Structures
Capped Inhibitor-loaded Halloysite Nanoclay-Based Self-Healing Silica Coatings for Corrosion Protection of Mild Steel
Optimisation of Adhesion to Improve Steel Corrosion Protection by Using Siloxane Resins with Epoxy Modification
Jotun Australia Seeking Territory Sales Manager – Marine (WA)
COATINGS FAILURE ANALYSIS
Failure Analysis and Investigation of Protective Coatings in Mining, Marine Offshore Oil & Gas Chemical Plants, Energy Infrastructure and Bridges (Ask the Experts)
Critical Questions for Protective Coatings for Asset Protection in Oil & Gas, LNG:
- Why is the coating not stopping corrosion?
- Why is the coating delaminating or blistering?
- Has the coating been correctly specified / applied?
- Does the coating meet the manufacturing standard, including properties such as correct hardness/cure, adhesion and thickness?
- What surface preparation and atmospheric conditions must be achieved to successfully apply the coating?
- Does the coating have any defects in it? How will these affect performance?
- Why did the coating fail? Root cause assessment.
- How can the coating be successfully repaired/remediated so that it doesn’t fail again?
ExcelPlas Labs can answer these questions
MARKETING YOUR BRAND
PCN – Communicate Your Message Instantly with the Entire Global Protective Coatings Community
PCN is ideal for monitoring competitor activity and providing market intelligence
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis, and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis, and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas, and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating-based failure investigations and problem-solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion-resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing, and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes, and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receive regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each PCN newsletter.