PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Akzo Nobel * Coating Condition Survey * CUI * ExcelPlas Labs * Failure Analysis * Graphene * Hempel * Jotun * LNG Plants * Marine Coatings * PCN * PPG * Protective Coatings * Self-Healing Coatings * Smart Coatings
Akzo Nobel Announces New CEO
AkzoNobel Announces €20 Million Investment and Creates New Jobs in France
Hempel Protecting Steel Structures in the Oil and Gas Industry from Corrosion
AkzoNobel Opens New Performance Coatings Facility in Thailand for Marine Coatings
Independent Coating Consultancy with a Unique and Comprehensive Understanding of Protective Coatings in the LNG, Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure and Marine Sectors
Jotun Say Steel Corrosion Can Now Be a Thing of the Past
Organosilane-Functionalized Graphene Oxide-Epoxy Nanocomposite Coating: Corrosion Performance and Self-Healing Properties
Novel Multilayer Structural Epoxy Composite Coating Containing Graphene Oxide and Silanized Chromium Carbide for the Protection of Steel Structures
Ce-loaded Silica Nanoparticles in the Epoxy Nanocomposite Coating for Anticorrosion Protection of Carbon Steel
Corrosion Behaviour of Epoxy/Polysulfide Coatings Incorporated with Nano-CeO2 Particles on Low Carbon Steel Substrate
Developing Epoxy-based Anti-Corrosion Functional Nanocomposite Coating with CaFe-Tolyl-triazole Layered Double Hydroxide@g-C3N4 as Nanofillers on Steel Substrate Against NaCl Corrosive Environment
Electrochemical and Mechanical Investigation into the Effects of Polyacrylamide/TiO2 in Polyurethane Coatings on Mild Steel Structures in Chloride Media
COATINGS FAILURE ANALYSIS
Failure Analysis and Investigation of Protective Coatings in Mining, Marine Offshore Oil & Gas Chemical Plants, Energy Infrastructure and Bridges (Ask the Experts)
Critical Questions for Protective Coatings for Asset Protection in Oil & Gas, LNG:
- Why is the coating not stopping corrosion?
- Why is the coating delaminating or blistering?
- Has the coating been correctly specified / applied?
- Does the coating meet the manufacturing standard, including properties such as correct hardness/cure, adhesion and thickness?
- What surface preparation and atmospheric conditions must be achieved to successfully apply the coating?
- Does the coating have any defects in it? How will these affect performance?
- Why did the coating fail? Root cause assessment.
- How can the coating be successfully repaired/remediated so that it doesn’t fail again?
ExcelPlas Labs can answer these questions
MARKETING YOUR BRAND
PCN – Communicate Your Message Instantly with the Entire Global Protective Coatings Community
PCN is ideal for monitoring competitor activity and providing market intelligence
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis, and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis, and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas, and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating-based failure investigations and problem-solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion-resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing, and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes, and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receive regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each PCN newsletter.