PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * Akzo Nobel * Covallox™ * CUI * Enviroline™ * ExcelPlas * Graphene Oxide-Modified Epoxy (GOME) * Humidur™ * Jotacote™ * Jotun * International Paints * LNG Plants * Marine Coatings * PCN * Protective Coatings * Selektope™ * Sherwin Williams * Temati
Major Fire at Jotun Coatings Factory in Norway
AkzoNobel Repurchases 274,000 of its Own Common Shares for EUR 27.64 Million
AkzoNobel intends to repurchase common shares up to a value of €1 billion
New Study Reveals Vessels Using Jotun Hull Performance Solutions Report 20% Lower Carbon Footprint
Fire Now Under Control at Jotun Paint Factory in Sandefjord
JOTUN Introduces Jotacote® Universal S120 Epoxy with Patented COVALLOX™ Technology
Antifouling Paint Additive Company Posts Interim Report Q2 2021
Optimal Inspections and Maintenance Planning for Anti-Corrosion Coating Failure on Ships (New Paper)
Press Release Humidur™ : Relaunch of Book About Alarming Bacteriological Corrosion
New Immersion Grade Water Tank Coating: Passing the Taste Test
CUI MITIGATION & PREVENTION
Products to Reduce CUI at LNG Plants Such as Leak Detection Vials, Visual Inspection Plugs and Drain Plugs
Webinar TODAY: Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) Inspection Tips (23 September 2021)
MEET THE EXPERTS TUTORIALS
Meet the Akzo Nobel Experts – Enviroline™ 376 Chemical Resistant Tank Coatings (Polycyclamine-Cured Novolac Epoxy)
Meet the Akzo Nobel Experts video – Enviroline™ 405 Epoxy Novolac Tank and Vessel Coating
Introduction to Corrosion and Coatings by International Paints (IP)
Study on Anti-Corrosion Performance and Mechanism of Epoxy Coatings based on Basalt Flake Loaded Aniline Trimer
Optimization of Thermal and Hydrophobic Properties of GO-Doped Epoxy Nanocomposite Coatings
Synergistic Effects of Hybrid Nanofillers on Graphene Oxide Reinforced Epoxy Coating on Corrosion Resistance and Fire Retardancy
Local Oxidation of Buried Epoxy-amine Protective Coatings at the Iron Oxide Interphase
Healing Performance of Epoxy Coatings
COATINGS FAILURE ANALYSIS
ExcelPlas’s Coatings and Analytical Labs can resolve coating failures on paint chips using techniques such as: Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy(FTIR); scanning electron microscopy/energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy; light microscopy; electrochemical impedance spectroscopy(EIS); chromatography; thermal analysis and wet bench testing.
ExcelPlas performs a wide array of standard ASTM, SSPC and NACE test procedures such as:
- Paint and Coating Testing and Analysis,
- Field Investigations
- Technical Audit of Painting Process and Production Facilities
- Paint Analysis, Chip Analysis and Evaluation
- Accelerated Testing
- Physical and Chemical Paint Exposure Tests: ASTM D1308. ASTM D3359, ASTM D4541, ASTM D4060
- Salt Spray (ASTM B117) Testing, Cyclic Tests (ASTM G 85), QUV (ASTM G53), Humidity (ASTM D2247), Cyclic Salt Fog/UV (ASTM D5894)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) Analysis of Paints
- Visible Spectroscopy, Liquid Chromatography
- Scanning Electron Microscopy, EDS & XRD Analysis of Paints
- Physical Testing of Paints: Tensile and Flexural Testing ASTM D 638 & ASTM D790
- Characterization and Cross Section Microscopy of paint samples collected from the project site
- Failure Analysis Root Cause Determination
How to Get Noticed by More Than 40,000 People in the Protective Coatings Space Across the Globe
PCN reaches over 40,000 people each month and this high level of audience engagement comes from years of creating content that matters to the protective coating’s industry.
We provide the industry’s most reliable and current information, and have the trust and attention of the leaders and decision makers.
Not only can we help you get in front of our highly engaged audience, but we also have a number of channels you can use to target your message – as well as the subject matter experts to put it all together.
Get More Protective Coatings News
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating based failure investigations and problem solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receiving regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each PCN newsletter.