PCN – Communicating News In Protective Coatings Globally in Real-Time
Leading Source of Industry News on Protective Coatings for Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Marine and Construction
NEWSMAKERS: * BIMCO * Carboline * CUI * Drone Inpsection * ExcelPlas * Graphene-Modified Epoxy (GME) * Hempel * International Paints * Jotun * Marine Coatings * PCN * Protective Coatings * Sherwin Williams
Protective Coatings Leader Hempel Brings Expertise to the Wind Industry
Protective coatings provide the durability needed to ensure that wind turbines play their part in a sustainable future.
Surface Corrosion Consultants Introduces Drone Inspection Service
Sherwin Williams Protective Coatings Enable Efficient Water Treatment Plant Construction
North Dakota’s Grand Forks Regional Water Treatment Plant worked with Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine to ensure timely service and coating deliveries
Carboline 3 Factors to Consider When Selecting Steel Water Tank Linings
Carboline Launches CarboNext Outreach Program for Corrosion Professionals
BIMCO Launches Biofouling Survey to Gauge Anti-Fouling Effectiveness – ShipInsight
Jotun Cites EU MRV Data to Support Carbon Reduction Claims
Epoxy-based Coating Containing Polyaniline/Zinc Phosphate Hybrid: Effect of Hardener on Anticorrosion Performance
Techniques for In Situ Monitoring the Performance of Organic Coatings and Their Applicability to the Pre-Finished Steel Industry: A Review
Analysis of the Possibility of Using New Types of Protective Coatings and Abrasion-Resistant Linings under the Operating Conditions of an Ore Concentration Plant
Effects of Resin/Curing Agent Stoichiometry and Coalescence of Emulsion Particles on the Properties of Epoxy Coatings upon Accelerated Weathering
High-Performance, Multi-Functional and Well-Dispersed Graphene/Epoxy Nanocomposite Coatings
Flame Retardancy of Epoxy Coatings Improved by Graphene Hybrid Containing Phosphorous, Boron, Nitrogen and Silicon Elements
A Systematic Approach to Coating Failure Analysis (on Demand Webinar)
- How to determine if a coating failure has occurred prematurely.
- The nine steps that should be performed during a coating failure analysis.
- The tools that should be used during the performance of a coating failure analysis.
- Formal laboratory analyses that are available as part of a coating failure analysis.
- How to document a coating failure analysis to preserve important information.
COATINGS FAILURE ANALYSIS
ExcelPlas’s Coatings and Analytical Labs can resolve coating failures on paint chips using techniques such as: Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy(FTIR); scanning electron microscopy/energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy; light microscopy; electrochemical impedance spectroscopy(EIS); chromatography; thermal analysis and wet bench testing.
ExcelPlas performs a wide array of standard ASTM, SSPC and NACE test procedures such as:
- Paint and Coating Testing and Analysis,
- Field Investigations
- Technical Audit of Painting Process and Production Facilities
- Paint Analysis, Chip Analysis and Evaluation
- Accelerated Testing
- Physical and Chemical Paint Exposure Tests: ASTM D1308. ASTM D3359, ASTM D4541, ASTM D4060
- Salt Spray (ASTM B117) Testing, Cyclic Tests (ASTM G 85), QUV (ASTM G53), Humidity (ASTM D2247), Cyclic Salt Fog/UV (ASTM D5894)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) Analysis of Paints
- Visible Spectroscopy, Liquid Chromatography
- Scanning Electron Microscopy, EDS & XRD Analysis of Paints
- Physical Testing of Paints: Tensile and Flexural Testing ASTM D 638 & ASTM D790
- Characterization and Cross Section Microscopy of paint samples collected from the project site
- Failure Analysis Root Cause Determination
How to Get Noticed by More Than 40,000 People in the Protective Coatings Space Across the Globe
PCN reaches over 40,000 people each month and this high level of audience engagement comes from years of creating content that matters to the protective coating’s industry.
We provide the industry’s most reliable and current information, and have the trust and attention of the leaders and decision makers.
Not only can we help you get in front of our highly engaged audience, but we also have a number of channels you can use to target your message – as well as the subject matter experts to put it all together.
Get More Protective Coatings News
This newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Coating Labs (http://www.excelplas.com/)
ExcelPlas Labs provides independent testing, analysis and investigation on protective coatings to prevent corrosion.
ExcelPlas has extensive analytical capabilities for testing of Protective Coatings and Insulation Consulting for major oil and gas companies.
We conduct corrosion surveys, coating sampling, coating analysis and testing to ensure coating specifications for a wide range of onshore and offshore clients in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
ExcelPlas Labs offer a full range of coating testing and analytical services to Australia’s mining, oil, gas and infrastructure sectors.
Forensic analysis for undertaking various coating based failure investigations and problem solving.
ExcelPlas Undertakes Analysis & Testing of Polymer Coating Systems including:
- Epoxy Protective Coatings
- Epoxy-Phenolic Protective Coatings
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
- Dual-Layer Fusion bonded epoxy (DLFBE)
- Liquid applied epoxy (LAE)
- Abrasion resistant overcoat (ARO)
- Three-layer PE (3LPE)
- Multi-component liquid spray (MCL)
- Heat shrink sleeves (HSS)
Testing on Coatings that ExcelPlas can Undertake includes:
- Coating identification by Infra-red Analysis (FTIR)
- Degree of Cure by Thermal Analysis (DSC)
- Coating Filler Identification by X-ray Analysis (EDS/XRD)
- Coating Microstructure by Embedding, Polishing and Optical Microscopy (OM)
- Coating Thermal Stability and Composition by Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
DSC – Phase transition/volatiles / Tg / degree of cure/characterisation
TGA – Volatile compounds, inorganic mass % mix ratio
Element mapping for chlorides on paint flakes
Microscopy -Count layers and thickness of layers
- Assess porosity and voids
- Check distribution and orientation of filler particles
Condition monitoring and analysis of corrosion prevention coatings (epoxies, epoxy-phenolics)
Testing of Epoxy Coatings (LAE, FJC, FBE), heat shrink sleeves and tapes, barrier tapes and meshes.
PCN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PCN you agree to receiving regular PCN newsletters as well as the PCN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PCN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PCN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PCN provides an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each PCN newsletter.